Sometimes accidents happen and things get deleted by mistake but what do you do if you delete a Microsoft Team by mistake?
When the team is deleted, it is held in the “recycle bin” for 30 days until it is permanently deleted. The following is the process of restoring a deleted team in Microsoft Teams.
- Once Team is deleted, option to recover it exists for up to 30 days
- All of it including (Channels, files, tabs, etc.) will reappear as it was before
- Restore can take up to 4 hours
- To restore, from exchange admin center, select recipients, then groups
- Locate the group (only if soft deleted)
- Select the group and choose restore
This is where my favourite Microsoft tool comes into action, PowerShell
AzureAD Module is installed
Global Admin to your Azure AD Tenant
Launch PowerShell as an administrator.
When a team is created in Microsoft Teams, it creates an Office 365 group. In order to restore the group you will need to obtain the Id using the following cmdlet
1 Restore-ADMSDeletedDirectoryObject –ID <objectID>
As mentioned above the restore could take up to 4 hours to complete.
The Author – Blogabout.Cloud